I hope you all had a great week! Ours went quick! Last weekend was a 3-day weekend full of fun with the family, going to the zoo and farmer’s market, that launched us into a great, short week! We are now officially on summer break (I was watching 2 little boys whose parents are teachers) and I’ve been loving every minute of getting to devote 100% of my attention to my little Pippylove! We’ve spent time at the park, swimming in her baby pool and we even went and had lunch with Daddy and Grandma – all in all it’s been a fabulous start to summer!
Okay so I found the following a couple of weeks ago but I completely forgot to write about it last week so I had to include it this week instead! Have you heard of The Sneaky Chef??? Her motto is “veggies tonight without the fight”. Well a couple weeks ago I stumbled across The Sneaky Chef’s Veggie Pasta at the grocery store. I think I forgot to mention that I’m a vegetarian, and because of this we tend to have pasta almost always in the pantry to be able to incorporate into dinner whenever necessary. Typically I buy multigrain pasta (we try to avoid white flour as much as possible) but when I saw this veggie pasta I had to give it a try! Not only is this pasta multigrain, but it also has 6 veggies in it: Spinach, Broccoli, Carrots, Tomato, Beet, and Shiitake Mushrooms. The best part is that it cooks up white, has a normal pasta texture and tastes great…like regular noodles!! So if you happen to come across it the next time you’re shopping for groceries, you should definitely give it a try!
This week I thought I’d share with you my top 5 favorite things that M says/does right now:
- She’s big into kissing her owies. So when she runs into you, accidentally hits you, etc. she’s started saying sorry on her own without being prompted and then kisses it!! SO CUTE!
- Anytime anyone is dancing on TV, she makes us get up and dance with her. We’ve spend many a moment twirling around the living room. And she’s starting singing along with the theme songs of her favorite shows (Sofia the First, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Frozen). I love hearing her little voice sing along!
- She’s started calling us by name in the middle of the night and/or morning when she wakes up. It makes it a little easier to wake up in the middle of the night when she’s so cutely saying “Dada” “Mama”
- She chews gum! Like we’re talking chews and chews and chews like a real girl! She’s chewed it for over an hour before. And when she’s done she’ll take it out and hand it to you and say “All Done” (in an East Coast accent..where did that come from?! Daddy says it’s the little bit of New York blood in her ;))
- She’s started laughing at herself! When she does something silly or when she’s looking through pictures of herself she’ll randomly throw her head back and start laughing! Apparently she’s her own personal comedian!!
(Top left: 1st ever ice cream cone!! Top right: Cooling off in the wading pool. Bottom left: First bonfire of the summer! Bottom right: She’s obsessed with the park!)
Have a great weekend!!