This past weekend we celebrated our sweet little girl’s second birthday! I can’t believe how quickly these past two years have flown by and my baby has grown into a sassy, super smart, full of personality, sweet little girl. These days it seems like everyday she learns something new or says something new – it’s such a fun age!
2-year-old M in a Nutshell
Favorite food: hotdogs, clementines
Favorite drink: it’s a close tie between apple juice and milk I would say (depending on her mood)
Favorite show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Best friend: mommy 🙂 or gamma, daddy, papa….
Favorite past time: swinging, reading books, playing with puzzles
Nicknames: Pippy, Mina, Monkey (to Aunt Sissy)
Here are some highlights from her birthday party!
Happy birthday baby girl. Mommy loves you more that you’ll ever know and I’m so proud of the little girl you are. I thank God every single day for giving me you! ❤
Happy 18 months, Pippy-love! I can’t believe that you’re already a year and a half old! Where has the time gone!?! You are such a happy, smart, fun little girl! Here are some of your favorite things right now:
- Helping unload the dishwasher/vacuum/sweep/dust… you like to clean! 🙂
- Reading stories
- Row, row, row your boat
- Playing with your babies
- Hanging out with Daddy and Papa on your special nights when Mommy’s working
- Shopping with Mommy and Grandma (and Aunt Sissy and Uncle Buddy)
- Being outside – although the weather hasn’t cooperated much lately
- Mona kitty
- “Fia” aka Sofia the First
- Apple juice
You’re not such a big fan of:
- Sleeping all night…in your crib
- Having your hair washed
- When we won’t let you watch “Fia”
- Being away from Mommy
These are some of the things you’re doing:
- Talking… you repeat everything we ask you to and are saying all kinds of words and little phrases all by yourself! More and more each day! My favorites are when you say “bless you” when someone sneezes, “thank you” when someone gives you something and “more please, help please and open please” all without being prompted!
- Using the potty! Right now you mostly just go in the morning when you wake up and randomly throughout the day – you’re not too serious about it yet!
- Running all over the place – sometimes it’s hard to keep up with you!!
- Just yesterday you started walking down the steps all by yourself – not very confidently yet, but it’s still exciting!
Here you are at 18 months:
You are the reason for so many of our smiles. Happy half-birthday! Mommy and Daddy love you!
Today our baby girl is 18-months-old. Today is also another special day – 2 years ago today was my due date for our first baby. While I wish that we would have never have gone through the grief that accompanies losing a baby, I can’t imagine our lives without our little M. I don’t know God’s plan for her, but I do know that there’s a reason why she’s on this Earth as our little girl and why our first baby is with Him in Heaven. Isn’t His infinite wisdom amazing? Happy birth “due” date, little one. We love you, too!
In honor of Throwback Thursday today, I thought I would share some photos from Miss M’s birthday party at the end of last summer! At the time she was in love with Minnie Mouse (she’s since moved on to Sofia the First – ah the joys of the Disney Channel!) so we thought it was fitting to do a Minnie themed birthday party. In an attempt to saving some money I made most of the decor… with the help of some supplies and equipment from our local scrapbooking store it was actually pretty easy!
My mom has a cupcake business and made all the cupcakes and her smash cake – they were so cute and so simple to decorate – fondant bows and mini Oreos for the ears!
I made a memory board highlighting all the things I wanted to remember about her as a one-year-old.
Her birthday hat! 🙂
How cute is this wooden number covered in scrapbook paper and embellishments?!
Did you know you can download the Disney font off the internet?!
And I can’t forget to show you her birthday gift from Mommy & Daddy… her first car!! She got her very own ‘Minniemobile’!! It was completely DYI and oh so easy to do. All you need is a Cozy Coupe (we found one in good shape at a garage sale), spray paint (black and white), some sort of circle shaped stencil (we just used some cardboard) and of course the ears (ours came from a local party store). About a half hour of manual labor (thanks to grandma and grandpa for helping out) and this is what you get:
She’s ready to roll!
It was a great day and we had such a good time celebrating our pumpkin’s first year of life with all our family and friends… now it’s time to start thinking about what to do this year… 🙂