It was rainy here today most of the day, so what better way to spend naptime than baking cookies?! My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is the one my mom has used ever since I’ve been little…the chocolate chip cookie recipe in her Betty Crocker cookbook. When the hubby and I got married I got a Betty Crocker cookbook as a wedding gift and while it’s not the same exact one as I always baked out of growing up, it’s the same recipe so it’ll work! 🙂
What you need:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 12oz package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl beat the shortening and butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking soda. Beat mixture until combined, scrapping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the eggs and vanilla til combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in the remaining flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Trust me, these are some super yummy cookies (in fact I’m eating one as I type this because I can’t stay out of them…don’t judge me but I’m probably on #5 or maybe 6…or 7…)!!! And M LOVED the treat when she woke up from her nap! Happy baking!